Posted on December 21, 2008 at 2:54 AM
The Federal Reserve Board and other regulators have shocked the banks by proposing strong rules to ban unfair credit card practices that prey upon students and others. We need your help to make their rules final.

If you believe you are the victim of unfair interest rate charges, late
fees or other penalties, or deceptive marketing, and the credit card
company fails to address your complaint, file complaints with your
state Attorney General’s offi ce ( and the national Offi
ce of the Comptroller of the Currency (which regulates most of the
biggest credit card companies and will forward your complaint to a
different regulator if needed).

The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1-800-613-6743
Address: Customer Assistance Group
1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3710
Houston, TX 77010

If you have a problem involving your credit card, first try to resolve it directly with the store or the credit card company. If that doesn’t work, you may want to file a complaint with your state’s attorney general or banking agency. You may also file a complaint with the federal agency responsible for enforcing consumer credit laws for your credit card company.
Credit cards issued by state banks that are members of the Federal Reserve SystemFederal Reserve Consumer HelpPO Box 1200Minneapolis, MN 55480888-851-1920 (Phone)877-766-8533 (TTY)877-888-2520 (Fax)Email:

[email protected]
See “How to File a Consumer Complaint about a Bank”.
Credit cards issued by banks with “national” in the name or “N.A.” after the nameComptroller of the CurrencyCustomer Assistance Group1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3450Houston, TX 770101 (800) 613-6743 (toll-free)

Credit cards issued by state banks that are not members of the Federal Reserve SystemFederal Deposit Insurance CorporationConsumer Response Center2345 Grand Boulevard, Suite 100Kansas City, MO 64108 1 (877) 275-3342 (toll-free)

Credit cards issued by federal savings and loan associations and federal savings banksOffice of Thrift SupervisionConsumer Programs1700 G Street, NW, 6th Floor Washington, DC 20552 1 (800) 842-6929 (toll-free)

Credit cards associated with federal credit unionsNational Credit Union AdministrationOffice of Public and Congressional Affairs1775 Duke StreetAlexandria, VA 22314-34281 (800) 755-1030 (toll free)(703) 518-6409 (Fax)

Credit cards issued by finance companies or stores, and matters related to auto dealers, mortgage companies, and credit bureausFederal Trade CommissionConsumer Response Center - 240600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NWWashington, DC 20580 1 (877)-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357) (toll-free)


Categories: warning! - help